The maintenance team at Smart Water operates to ensure that installed irrigation systems are kept in optimal condition for the lifetime of their use. Smart Water’s experienced technicians can perform irrigation audits, system upgrades, scheduled or irregular maintenance, and emergency repairs for your irrigation system.
For domestic customers, it is recommended to make a maintenance booking before the weather warms up so that you can enjoy your garden throughout the summer. Inspecting your system for any damage, ensuring filters and equipment are in working condition, and checking the health of your irrigation system are important steps to take.
For commercial customers, it is recommended that you discuss the optimal frequency of maintenance depending on the size, complexity, and use of the irrigation system with the installation team.
Why book a system service?
- Regular servicing of your system can save a significant amount on your water bill by reducing the amount of water passing through the water meter and the sewage/waste charge which are both calculated from the metered water.
- The team can assist with maintenance services for large commercial jobs as part of a regular maintenance plan.
- Upgrading old or damaged components or upgrading to new technology including Wi-Fi-ready controllers and highly efficient water-saving nozzles.
- Install water-saving rain or moisture sensors.
- Pick up any additional issues to save you time and money in the future.
Your service appointment
During your system service, the team will complete the following:
- Check the operation of any irrigation controllers (ie. correct times) and advise you on programming and adjustments for the current season.
- Check your system is adequately covering areas required and adjust suit.
- Check pop-ups are retracting when the system shuts down.
- Check rain sensors are operating correctly if fitted or fit a sensor if requested.
- Confirm the system isolation valve is operational in case of an emergency.
- Locate and test solenoid valves for correct opening and closing and adjust flow controls.
- Check for water meter movement if your system is turned off.
- Check and clean filtration.
For more information or to enquire about Smart Water’s maintenance services, fill in the form below and a member of the maintenance team will be in touch within 24 hours. Alternatively, call the maintenance team directly on (03) 9754 0900.
Please note, due to increased demand unfortunately Smart Water are currently only able to carry out irrigation service works for existing customers. This will be reviewed in mid January 2022.